25 Mar Logistics Marketing: Should You Be Using Video?
Video marketing is all the rage these days, and it looks like businesses will be using more and more to sell their products and services. However, this can be daunting, especially for logistics companies who operate in an industry that is constantly changing. How do you know if you should be using video, and if so, how do you get started?
Four Excellent Reasons to Use Video in Logistics Marketing
- Video is visual. According to inc.com, 65% of people are visual learners, and video is a great way to reach visual learners.
- Reading takes a lot of time. In a world where everyone is multitasking, the ability to listen to video while performing other tasks is a plus.
- Video feels personal. Most people are more formal in writing than they are when speaking. Video puts your less formal self on display and allows you to be more light-hearted and chatty which is more engaging.
- Tonal and facial emphasis. Being able to connect with people while you are speaking to them is a bonus. Facial expressions and word emphasis can entirely change the tone of your message.
Four Tips to Get You Started with Video for Logistics Marketing
- Be Prepared! Research, research, research the topic you’re presenting, so you can discuss it informally and with authority.
- Emotion Rocks! No one wants to watch an emotionless, monotone presenter. Can you say, boring? Check out Marcus Sheridan who does a great job presenting subjects with lots of expression and emotion.
- Move! Don’t be a statue! Make sure you move around a bit. All video should have some movement, even if it’s only hand movement. Remember, 65% of people are visual learners. Meaningful hand gestures in video can help your message resonate.
- Practice makes perfect! Be prepared to fail during your first few tries. We promise, you’ll get better with practice.
Equipment and Software Necessary for Video Marketing
- As far as equipment goes, use whatever you have. The great thing about video is everyone can make one! Everyone has a camera in their pocket–it’s called a cell phone. You can worry about quality later. Most of the time, your message is more important than video quality. (We personally use the Canon 80d with a 35mm Rokinon Lens and a Rode Video Micro microphone.)
- And what about software? Here at Squirrel Works, we use Adobe Premiere Pro CC to edit, but there are other great software packages both easier and cheaper to use, such as: Sony Vegas, iMovie, Avid, and Davinci Resolve.
Where Should You Post Your Amazing Logistics Marketing Videos?
We believe YouTube is the premiere platform for video placement. There are very few people who are not acquainted with YouTube. It’s easily found and accessible. And YouTube has an incredibly large active user base with 2 billion monthly users who watch 250 million hours on TV screens daily.
Getting started is the hardest part!
Don’t let lack of knowledge or expertise hold you back from using video in your logistics marketing. Video has too many benefits. If you follow the easy to follow tips above, you’ll be on your way to marketing with video. And if you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. I’d love to chat with you about the variety of ways video marketing can take your logistics company to the next level.