17 Apr How to Stay Relevant (Cliff Notes from TIA 2018 Conference)
Last week, our team headed to the Annual TIA Conference where David spoke at a panel that aimed to share tips on staying relevant in our ever-evolving industry. If you were unable to attend, you’re in luck! Today, we’re sharing some points that were discussed:
Whether you’re prepared or not, the way we market logistics and transportation has changed. You might find that your customer has tuned out from you traditional marketing tactics, thus your company has grown stagnant while others soar to the top.
It’s important to remember that your old marketing playbook is broken, just look at these stats:
• 200 million people are on the ‘Do Not Call’ List
• 91% Unsubscribe from emails
• 44% of direct emails are never opened
• 86% Skip TV Ads
So, what is the solution? Inbound Marketing!
Inbound marketing is a holistic, data-driven approach to marketing that attracts individuals to your brand and converts them into loyal customers.
Wondering what’s the difference?
Inbound marketing focuses on using content creation to attract customers by keeping them at the centre of our efforts and approaching them where they are, in a channel that they’re comfortable interacting with you. Traditional marketing uses an outdated approach of cold calling, spamming emails and using interruptive ads. Our strategy is simple – use the tools you have to publish the right content, in the right place at the right time ensuring that your marketing is relevant, and helpful to your customer.
The inbound funnel is quite simple:
• Create informative content for your company’s website and incorporate a blog that readers can visit to stay up to date with the latest trends.
• Ensure that your site has been optimized for search engines through SEO, which makes sure that websites like Google know you exist.
• Promote your content on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Place calls-to-action throughout your website to encourage engagement and prompt people to respond to your services.
• Include sign-ups for whitepaper downloads, weekly newsletters offering exclusive information and free e-books that prove helpful within the industry.
• Send leads automated emails that serve as a reminder of your services.
• Continue creating compelling and helpful content that encourages engagement.
A crucial part of any funnel is analyzing its success and determining which areas need further optimizations for future success. Ask yourself, what is working and what needs improvement?
According to David, the top 5 things you need to do to stay relevant are:
1. Ensure that your website is modern, responsive and mobile-friendly.
2. Be active online through social media, blogging and forums.
3. Encourage customers to leave online reviews to establish an above average online reputation through Google and Facebook reviews.
4. Create an automated system to help nurture customers and stay top of mind.
5. Understand your buyer personas and habits.
Feeling overwhelmed with where to begin? Why not contact us for a free website audit and we’ll show you how we can help you increase sales, build meaningful client relationships and increase driver and agent recruitment.