20 Feb 5 Steps to Increase Website Traffic and Convert Leads
Unlike traditional marketing which relies on commercials, billboards and direct mail, inbound marketing focuses on techniques such as content creation, search results and social media marketing which help potential customers find your business. This technique brings more targeted leads into your sales funnel as they are already interested in your service and industry.
1. Before potential customers can find you, you must create valuable content that will attract them to your site through content marketing. These are blog posts, white papers, infographics and videos and give the impression that you’re an expert in the industry with a vast understanding of what you do and how you can help your customer. Think about it, would you trust the guy that expresses no interest in trucking and logistics, or the one who has written a white paper on industry challenges and how his company is working to overcome them?
2. It’s important to be found by people who are needing your services and to do this, you’ll need to be where people are looking. Make use of advanced search marketing by improving your SEO and optimizing your website so that your content is easily found by web users who are searching for your expertise. Sharing and promoting your content on social media also makes it easier and more likely that your content will be seen and found by the right person.
3. Convert your web visitors to leads by having a landing page that lets them share their contact information with you and helps identify the sort of content that they’re interested in receiving. Make sure to use a call to action in your content and social media posts letting visitors know what you want them to do and directing them to your landing pages. By building lists of people who are interested in your content, you can further nurture your relationship through social media and regular newsletters until they are ready to become your customer.
4. Remember that with inbound marketing, your offers and landing pages are tailored to people are at all stages of the buying process which means you can spend valuable time talking to people who are ready to buy and giving them the one-on-one attention that they require, while automating communication who are still in the earlier stages of the sales cycle.
5. The last step to a successful inbound marketing strategy is to monitor your campaigns and results, making the necessary adjustments as you see fit. Proper monitoring helps pinpoint where you may need to adjust offers, to prevent leads from getting stuck in the sales funnel.
As with all things in logistics and transportation, you need to nurture your inbound marketing strategy to encourage growth in your business. Look for ways that you can do things better and if you find yourself coming off short, talk with us and let us help implement a successful digital strategy.